Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I May Have to Take Up Yoga

My 5k is on Sunday. I have five days to finish training for this. I know, I know. It's hardly a three mile run. I've been increasing my running since November and "officially" training since January. So, I should feel ready.

I am so glad that I set this goal for myself, but since November, I have had more trouble with my body than ever before.

The following have all happened to me since November:
1) Threw my back out lifting WG's Christmas present (a small wine fridge).
2) Got sick enough to call out sick for the first time in a year and a half.
3) Had a blister the size of a quarter in the arch of my foot.
4) Months of tired, achy, cracking knees
5) Ever-expanding thighs as my muscles get stronger (not a necessarily a huge problem, but I prefer my body long and lean)
6) Am quite convinced that I pulled my hamstring and am somewhat hobbled as a result (am currently listening to a British book on CD, hence the new choice of grammar)

So, in addition to feeling powerful, strong and proud of what my body can do I also feel old in a way that no exercise has ever made me feel old before.

Folks, I'm ready to run, but we needn't worry about me taking up marathon running next!

1 comment:

BanikaB said...

Good luck and have fun!