Sunday, December 30, 2007

Reflections and Resolutions...Revised

It's that time...

Eh, I've reflected plenty over the last few weeks, and now, it's time to think about what I intend to do with myself over the next year.

Well, alright, one little reflection.

My resolution last year was to "calm the hell down".

Let's see how that went.

Here's last year, with WG gone to Oklahoma: Whining.

Here's this year:...

That's right, not one single whining post about WG being away...and that's not just so I could say that here. It's because I haven't been whining about it. I've tremendously enjoyed the last week - time with my family, Wii playing with high school friends, movie watching and grand conversation with Renie, tea drinking with Jessica, art museum-ing with friends from work....ahhh...good stuff. Nothing to calm down about :).

So, based on that example alone, I think I can say that "calming the hell down" was a great success.

Now, onto 2008. I have a bit more than one resolution, and after a good night's sleep, I've got these worded just a bit better.

1) Do something or go somewhere new once a month.
2) Be creative.
3) Stop giving myself guilt trips.
4) Pursue a new job.
5) Don't try to hurry life along.

I'm most excited (and scared) about the job search...and I'll write more about each of these resolutions as I come to understand them better myself.

So, goodbye to 2007 (a good year, overall). Welcome 2008...just around the corner.

1 comment:

Mommy of two said...

Good luck! Your resolutions made me take a look at my own - you have inspired me!