Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Be Prepared for a Whine

So, here I go. Christmas was lovely. I did have a wonderful time with my parents - we opened presents, we watched movies, we laughed, we cried. It was beautiful.

But yesterday. December 26. Now, that was not an easy day. I feel like I was thrown right back into high school, where I was invisible and worthless. I know that I shouldn't let little things get me down. I also know, amazingly enough, that the whole world doesn't revolve around me...but just to give you a hint about how I felt yesterday, here are some things that happened:

1) I got gum on the bottom of my brand new shoes - shoes I had waited and waited and waited and waited to wear until just the right moment, beautiful crushed red velvet ballet flats...

2) I got my hair cut...and the annoying woman who cut my hair clearly doesn't believe that girls should have long hair, and that means that my hair is a good 2 inches shorter than I would have wanted. Oh, and she didn't freshen up my layers, so it's just this totally blah haircut that I'll have to get fixed later.

3) All material/appearance concerns aside, one of my so-called best friends cannot attend our Christmas get together because he has to attend his cousin's husband's four-year-old nephew's birthday party on Friday night. First of all, huh? Second of all, who has a four-year-old's birthday party on a Friday night? So, for the millionth time with this friend, I feel completely unimportant.

4) And, finally, Wine Guy. He's home in Oklahoma for the holidays, and I miss him like crazy. It doesn't help that when I called him yesterday morning, he started having a conversation with one of his friends instead of with me. It also doesn't help that he hasn't even sent "good night" text messages or anything to make me feel even remotely close to him while he's gone. I really feel like he's gone to Oklahoma and completely forgotten that he has a girlfriend back in California.

Okay, that's pretty much my whining. I know that it all sounds selfish and it all screams, "PAY ATTENTION TO ME," but it's all got me feeling rather irritated and anxious and impatient and ignored. And I don't like feeling any of these things...I'd rather just live my life and not be turned on "super-sensitive."

Here's hoping that the rest of the week is better!

No comments: