Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bridal Boot Camp...Sort of

I've read about brides who send their bridesmaids to boot camp (I know my ladies better than that, and I know that there might very well be a riot if I tried to fit even one more thing into their very busy schedules).

I've read about brides who send themselves to boot camp (I know myself better than that, and there might very well be a riot if I tried to fit even one more thing into my very busy schedule).

So, I'm just going to keep on keepin' on and work out stronger and stronger.

My mom bought be a pair of adorable shorts. They are shorter than I usually wear but no where close to being daisy dukes.

I tried them on, but...my legs could use a little work. I've tried on my wedding dress, but...my arms could use a little work.

So, I'm doing a little work.

Whenever I've decided to do a workout, I'm making it a priority. What's tended to happen, and what makes me need a little work, is that I push my workout to the bottom of my list, getting everything else done first. Then, surprise, surprise, it's eleven at night, and I'm pooped.

I have to make myself and my fitness a priority (that's a pretentious statement...but a true one), and so, I have a few half-done projects around the apartment, including unassembled boxes waiting to be backed for THE MOVE in three weeks (more on that another time). But my workout? Oh, that got done this morning.

And I was ON. I even had my little Wii Active trainer telling me I really "brought it."

And, yeah, I brought it. My thighs were burning. My body was sticky.

Who needs expensive bootcamp?

Not me.

No comments: