Saturday, June 23, 2007

DC Talk

Okay, so I seem to practically live in DC, at least as far as travel is concerned. I've spent the bulk of my travel days over the last...four years?...here. It's strange to find this place both familiar and compeltely foreign.

I do appreciate that I'm staying with my friend (who's also getting married here in August, so I'll be back in just a few weeks!), because it gives things a less surreal feeling. I get to eat real food and have conversations with people who are not librarians.

The thing I miss the most from home right now, though, is being able to just text or call someone if I get bored. Everyone's three hours behind at the moment...which means when I was bored at 8 a.m., they were sound asleep at 5. It's kind of obnoxious. Why wouldn't they want to hear from me at 5 a.m. on a Saturday morning?

I was hoping that the distance would give me time to clearly think about a lot of things, namely the major issue between the boy and me: religion. It's not THAT big of an issue, but I have a nagging desire to get it solved now so that we can move forward.

This morning, it finally hit me: I don't have to solve it now. I don't want to get married to him for a couple of years. He doesn't want to get married to me for at least that long. There's no need to solve the problem right this second.

There is something I've learned so far at this conference: I don't have to have all of the answers to every question.

This can apply to my "real" life just as much as it can to my work life.

I've got lots of questions and plenty of time for answers.

No comments: