Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Five Fabulous Facts About My Family's Festivities

1. Coming home.

2. Going to Midnight Mass and singing out Christmas Carols at the top of my off-key lungs along with the rest of the off-key Catholics.

3. Watching Mommy's face when she opened the BIG gift from Daddy...and just watching them as they opened presents from each other. There was something different between them this year, and I have to say that I think it's been good for their relationship that I moved out this year.

4. Knowing that my mom and I both kept trying to buy my dad the same gifts, even though we didn't actually go shopping together.

5. Watching Dreamgirls on opening day in a theater packed with interesting people who burst into applause during Effie's big solo song.

6. Turning on my phone on Christmas morning and hearing a message from Wine Guy that ended in him saying, "I miss you" (okay, so that's more than 5 and not specifically about my family, but it's fabulous nonetheless).

No comments: