Saturday, October 14, 2006

Three Strange and Beautiful Things

I like to feel inspired, and so I frequently meander through Blogger's Blogs of Note. That's where I found Three Beautiful Things. So, today, I thought I'd try it.

Here are three strange and beautiful things from this week:

1) After a particularly challenging day for her, I wanted to help my mom relax a little bit. So, I set my iPod up for her, selected Martina McBride's "Reluctant Daughter," handed her the headphones, and let her be. Forty-five minutes later, she was still sitting in the chair where I left her, her head bobbing, her voice happily singling along to Clay Aiken. She looked at me, with joy in her eyes, and said, "I want one of these!" Then she got up and started dancing. It brings a smile to my face right now, just thinking about it. Really, that one moment could be all three of my beautiful things.

2) Having a second date with a really great guy. This date, in all of its glory has also left me with a phrase (and we all know how much I love my catch phrases) that I will now repeat over and over again for at least the next week, longer if I don't get tired of it, "Christian Metal never dies, baby!"

3) Eating really, truly, and wonderfully amazing pizza. I've gotten used to the frozen kind, or the ones from Costco, and I'd forgotten what good pizza tastes like, especially when it is delivered fresh and piping hot to the door...and eaten cold later that night for a snack.

No comments: