Thursday, October 12, 2006

First Date

Last night, I went on a date with a very nice guy. Yes, nice. In high school, that was code for "ugly." In the land of twenty-somethings tired of meeting rude, obnoxious and pretenious guys, "nice" is a high, high compliment.

Last night, I talked for over two hours with a guy from Oklahoma, with whom I have a surprising amount in common.

This new method of me being myself on dates, instead of, "Sarah on a date," really works wonders. I have a better time, guys get to know the real me, and if they're interested, I don't have to worry about keeping up the charade.

It's new. It's not perfect. There are awkward parts where we learn each other's phraseology...

But it was a lovely evening, and he called to ask me out again. I'll be calling him tonight to say, "yes."

No comments: