Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Here We Go!

After a weekend in Arizona with my crazy family (I love them, but they're nuts), it was time on Monday to start my new job.

And so I started it.

And I'm still starting it, haha.

It's going to take me time to get used to doing things differently...and I just work downstairs from where I used to work, but I almost feel like I've been banished from my old area, because things are oh so very different down here. But, enough about work!

The crazy family...well, let's just say that there was an incident with some chicken not getting cooked, then not getting to the place where would actually get cooked and then the three cars it took to get the chicken to the proper barbecue. Clearly my family is not big on communication.

One little tidbit:

My grandma's cell phone rang in Wal-Mart (uhm, yeah, I had to go to Wal-Mart, because I was forced...it doesn't make me like that place any more than I did before, and seriously, if they can sell $9 candles ON CLEARANCE, they can afford health benefits, that's all, thank you).

So, her cell phone rang, and she waits for my dad to answer his phone.

He says he doesn't have his phone, that it is, in fact, her purse that is ringing.

She opens her purse, takes out her phone and says a hesitant, "Hello?"

It was my cousin. Who lives in the same town. And sees my grandma twelve times a week (I'm guessing here).

And my grandma gets off the phone and says, "Well, I don't know how she got my phone number."

Sigh

But in any case, I got in quality time with my wacky cousins. My once-Harry Potter looking geeky cousin- has decided he is now "Goth," so I made fun of his pants with chains on them, because that's what older cousins do.

It was a grand old time.

...and tonight is the date with the Marine Biologist. Yes, I have the day right!

No comments: