Monday, May 01, 2006

What a lovely weekend :).

Aside from me not getting one lick of schoolwork done (you knew there had to be at least one complaint), it was pretty much a perfect weekend.

One of the best parts - if not THE best part - of the weekend was going to Sunset Ministry in San Francisco and seeing Hayley get baptized. I really admire her for taking the step to stand up in front of a room full of people and say, "Yes, I want to be a Christian."

While my religion is part of my daily life, my parents chose to have me baptized (and I've got the pictures of me in a looooong, white baby dress to prove it), and it's a different thing altogether to decide on your own to take that important step. So, I admire Hayley, and I'm proud of and for her.

Over the last several months, I've had the opportunity to get to know Hayley in a different way than I knew her in college, and it's awesome to see the changes in her. Don't get me wrong, she's still totally Hayley, and that should never change, but there's something else, too, a new kind of peace and light. Some of that change can be attributed to being in love, but I also think that it has come as a result of finding comfort in God.

I've never known a new Christian/Catholic before they decided to get baptized, and I think it's something that everyone should experience at least once in life.

I've always seen a quiet strength in Hayley, but it's really blossomed over the last several years, and I'm lucky to have been a witness to it!

Congratulations, Hayley, and thank you for letting me be there to witness your baptism!

No comments: