Tuesday, February 08, 2005

An actual honest to goodness update from me! Aren't you just thrilled?

First, go Patriots! That's all.

Next. The school updated. Well, the start of week 3 (out of like 17 weeks or something - aren't I organized?) is fast approaching, and here is a list of things I have not yet done:

* Killed anyone (whoohoo!)
* Broken down in tears (go me!)
* Screamed, shouted, or thrown anything.

Wow! Sounds like I'm going to survive this thing, afterall.

What have I learned? I've learned that I'm ever so grateful that I've already worked with Access and have some idea of what it means to create a data structure and a "controlled vocabulary." I've learned that those hours spent reading as a teenager have actually paid off, and I can soundly judge Young Adult resources. I've learned that not only did my time in Boston give me an odd affinity for the Patriots and the Red Sox (I've always had an affinity for the Celtics), but Emerson taught me how to write a graduate level paper. So, while stressed (just a bit), I'm not ovewhelmingly confused. Yeah!

Oh? What's happening in my personal, not school world? Not much. I get to walk around the library pond with some work folks and get a little socialization that way. My parents are working around my school schedule, and I got to watch I-Robot while doing my homework last night (yes, really, thanks to AIM, the dining room, and the WB while at Cal, I am the mistress of multi-tasking). My cats are claiming abandonment; my dogs give me a guilt trip (via spontaneous and high pitched yelps of joy) every time I walk anywhere in even the closest vicinity to them. And I get to see my friends on Saturday! YEEEEAAHHH!

Das all, folks.

No comments: