Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Photoshop: Text Insert, Color Match

Now that I've discovered how to add text to photos in Photoshop, the captions are on a roll.  I used to open up photos in PowerPoint, add text, group the photos, and save as a jpeg.  Meh.  This is SO. MUCH. EASIER.

The tutorial also walked me through how to match the colors of my captions with the photos in my images. Color coordination, huzzah!

Here's one of my experiments:

I matched the text to Thane's shirt.  This isn't a perfect tool. I wanted to match the text to the color of my shirt, but Adobe thought it was a black shirt.  No, it's navy blue...it's a CAL SHIRT.  So, I went for something easier, that nice taupe color.

In other news, I have a new goal with my photography: Shutterstock. It's a photo database that sells photos to folks who need stock images, like newspapers, magazines, retailers, etc.  I am working on my first set of 10 images (7 of which have to be approved before I can really begin to submit work). I've gotten some critiques on my photos, and it's not pretty.  My biggest area of weakness is focus.  Photos for stock have to be S-H-A-R-P, and mine....aren't.  I'm heading back to the drawing board and refocusing on finishing the PS tutorial, then it's on to 31 Days of Photo Tips, written by the same blogger who wrote the other photography tutorial I did this summer.  I feel like my photos have improved a great deal over the summer, but I have a long way to go before I can start selling stock photos.

No comments: