Thursday, August 02, 2012

Photoshop: Layer Styles

I was inspired by a project on Pinterest, and I wanted to make my own creative project with a photo of our first dance connected to the lyrics to the song.  Pinterest actually has dozens, if not hundreds, of ideas for how to make use of "your song."  This is one method. Luckily, it fit with my current spot in the Photoshop tutorial.

I wanted to make the lyrics "pop" just a bit, so I used the layer styles to make the text look a bit different than usual. I know that I will work on this more, that this is so not my final product, but it is heading in the right direction.

First, I got rid of all the lovely people in the background (fabulous family and friends who just didn't quite fit with the whole point of the image) by selecting just us and inverting the selection using the magnetic lasso.  Then, I added in the text of the song, stanza by stanza.  What I would really like to do is have us against a background of the music, but that's another lesson for another day.

For now, it's a start.

No comments: