Did I also mention that my mom's primary ethnic make-up is French? And you know what they say about the three secrets to French cooking...butter, butter, butter. I never fry things in butter, but when it comes to baked dishes, butter just does the trick.
Inspired by this Salmon and Lemons recipe I found on Pinterest, I set to work. Instead of going for just pats of butter on the salmon, I decided to make lemon butter.
This is a really simple meal with few ingredients!
- 1 cup butter
- Juice of one half of a lemon
- A dash of salt
- Several lemons
- A splash of lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 300
- Blend softened butter, the juice of 1/2 a lemon in a food processor
- Lay salmon on foil, spread butter on salmon
- Slice lemons and layer slices on the salmon
- Fold up the foil packet
- Bake the packet on a cookie sheet for 25 minutes
- Boil the potatoes (length depends on the type of potatoes)
- After potatoes are done, add a pat of butter, a splash of lemon juice, salt, pepper and a sprig of tarragon.