Thursday, May 28, 2009

Swagger

We all need to be a bit more like Megan Fox.

I know, I know. The girl has some confidence issues (of the over, not under, variety), but honestly, what's so bad about that every once in a while? Why can't put on clothes that I know complement me and walk with just a bit of a swagger.

In fact, why can't I have a dose of Beyonce in my life?

Damn I know I'm killing you with them legs
Better yet them thighs
Matter a fact it's my smile or maybe my eyes
Boy you a site to see, kind of something like me

It's too big, it's too wide
It's too strong, it won't fit
It's too much, it's too tough
I talk like this 'cause I can back it up

I got a big ego, such a huge ego
But he love my big ego, it's too much
I walk like this 'cause I can back it up

I, I walk like this 'cause I can back it up
I, I talk like this 'cause I can back it up
I, I can back it up, I can back it up
I walk like this 'cause I can back it up

Beyonce's swagger is a bit too...theatrical:



Megan Fox, though,just has this look in her eye:



She's hot. She knows she's hot. She's not going to apologize for it.

I took a little bit of her attitude for myself, and you know what? I liked it.

I felt better about myself, and I even allowed myself to accept a compliment from a customer at work. I had worn a snug jean skirt, a red, close-fitting (but work appropriate) top and some cute little ballet flats.

I told the story to WG...it went like this:

I helped a customer at work today, and he told me to tell you something. It's kind of funny, actually.

Oh, yeah?


Yep. He needed a cd that he thought we didn't have, but I found it for him. I walked back to the desk in front of him. After he got everything he needed from the desk, he looked at the ring and looked at me and said, "No disrespect, but you tell him he's a lucky man." I told him, "I absolutely will."

What's so funny about that?


Normally, if a customer told me something like that, I would just stare at them and hope they'd go away...but I actually accepted his compliment.

WG laughed that particular laugh of his, and I was filled with joy.

The fact is, though, adding a little Megan Fox into my life actually made me feel more confident in myself and more lighthearted when dealing with customers.

So, I dare you, go, add some of the Fox to your day, and let me know how it goes!

2 comments:

George said...

This post has spoken directly to my soul!!!

ruby said...

Woo! Way to go babe!