Wednesday, January 14, 2009

This is the Least Stress I Will EVER Experience

I had a wee little melt-down on Sunday in front of WG (not the first time, ha!).

I let loose a detailed list of everything that's making me feel stressed right now (luckily, it had nothing to do with WG, so he was much more willing to sit and listen, since I wasn't railing against him).

As I was burbling and crying and just trying to get it all out to make myself feel better, he was saying things that made sense. I don't need sense!

Ah well, four days later, I can understand the sense, and I have to admit that he's right. This is the least amount of stress we will likely face in our entire adult lives. Right now, though not a married couple, we are, technically DINKS (double-income, no kids). Our main expenses are meals at nice restaurants. I mean, come on, what do I have to complain about?

It's a question I've been asking myself for years.

In light of my inability to handle stress and considering my 2009 resolution to be good to myself, I must force myself to deal with the stress, to approach it head-on.

Here's the problem...as I've been working to de-stress, I have essentially combed my life of a lot of potentially difficult situations. This means that when something stressful does come along, I'm shocked. Yeah, that's not going to work out in the long-run.

Yep, I've got stress.

Yep, there are a lot of boxes to check off before I can submit an application to a credential program.

But this is life, pure and simple, and it's time I woke up and realized that.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Good for you, Sarah! ENJOY this time in your life - be good to you!!