Sunday, March 02, 2008

36 Minutes

Whoooooo

There were gale force winds...uphill

Okay, not gale force winds, but there were major winds, and we all started running just a tad uphill.

Just after the first quarter mile, the course turned, and we were running with the wind.

But it wasn't until Baby Bash's Cyclone came on my 5K mix that I picked up the pace. Michael Cera and Ellen Page's Anyone Else But You perked me up even further, and by the time Rihanna's Umbrella came on, I was truly in my stride.

I passed a mile "2" marker and didn't know if I had just started mile 2 or finished mile 2. Apparently, I had finished, because the next turn revealed the last stretch of the course.

My body yelled at me. I had a pinch in my side. The only thing I wanted to do was sit down on the sidewalk. Or even better, get in a car, drive home and go to sleep.

But I didn't. I dug in for that last bit of energy, tucked my head into the wind, and to the tune of Yolanda Adams' Victory, I ran in to the finish line, passing WG's smiling face on the sideline.

A 5k in 36 minutes.

My best time yet.

Mission accomplished.

What's next?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats honey! That's fantastic! Yay!

nancy said...

Yay you! Congratulations!

I couldn't remember if I told you or not, but I posted your interview this weekend. It is at: http://milife.wordpress.com/2008/02/29/the-great-interview-experiment/

Thanks again - it was great fun.