Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sitting

Tap.

Tap.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Left leg over right leg.

Wiggle the left foot.

Uncross legs.

Right ankle over left ankle.

Uncross ankles.

Gently raise thighs, ever so slightly. Left. Right. Left. Right.

Hand to hair.

Pull hair down over my shoulder.

Examine for signs of split ends.

Examine color. There IS blonde in there. Somewhere.

Let go of hair.

Left hand to left ear.

Move earring post in and out of the hole.

Switch.

Move right earring post in and out of the hole.

Stop. Fidgeting.

Still.

Listen to the speaker. Focus on the words.

Pick up church bulletin and flip through the pages. Nothing that wasn't there the last four times.

Paper back down on the chair.

Sit up straight.

Right leg over left leg.

Wiggle right ankle.

I actually kept track during church on Sunday. I move an average of once every 15 seconds. The longest time between fidgets was 20 seconds, the shortest, 8. WG always aske me why I'm nervous. I've always known I can't sit still but never thought of it as nerves. He thinks that's why I'm "skinny." Now I'm hesitant to seem less spastic, because I really can't afford a new wardrobe.

No comments: