Thursday, February 01, 2007

Soundtrack

My life has a soundtrack. The problem is that I rarely remember from day-to-day which are the songs that would be on that soundtrack at a given moment.

Then, this morning, I headed over to the gym to workout, walking from my apartment to the on-site work-out room, John Mayer's crooning from my iPod, and I realized that my soundtrack has taken on a more definite shape in the last few months.

So, the soundtrack of my life, at the moment, would include the following ten songs (simply in the order I think of them).

1. John Mayer - Bold as Love
2. Rachel Yamagata - 1963
3. Regina Spektor - That Time
4. The Fray - She Is
5. Avril Lavigne - Keep Holding On
6. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
7. Dreamgirls Soundtrack - I am Changing
8. Iron and Wine - Such Great Heights
9. Rachel Yamagata- Quiet
10. Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars

Now, this might change tomorrow, or stay the same for a month, there's no telling with me.

I've also got a particular fondness for Norah Jones at the moment. Her voice captures what's going on inside, particularly when I think about a certain boy I know...

No comments: