Saturday, January 06, 2007

A Sleepless Haze

I figured it out! I've been blaming a new relationship, a move, a fairly new job, the holidays and more for my feeling of disconnect from my own life. What all of those things have in common, though, is the affect on the amount of sleep I get, which amounts to not a whole lot since October.

But I've actually gotten 7-8 hours of sleep a night for the past couple of weeks, and LET ME TELL YOU, it makes a HUGE difference.

- I am able to figure out that it is a good idea to call my mother.
- I can see for myself that making a pizza for dinner is a good idea but that making two or three or four would be setting myself up for disaster.
- I really enjoy the time with Wine Guy a whole lot more when I'm not falling asleep, or fighting sleep. I want to be with him as much as possible, but, honestly, what good is it if I'm not going to remember it in the morning, anyway.
- I do accomplish more at my job when my brain isn't fuzzy, foggy and fighting to retain a hold on being awake. It's amazing what I've accomplished at work in the past two weeks.

So, yeah. Sleep. That's the fountain of youth and the source of all knowledge.

Who knew?

No comments: