Thursday, January 18, 2007

Lucky

I get irritated thinking that I constantly have to tell people where I'm going, when I get there, when I'm leaving, why I'm going there, etc. It starts to bother me and make me feel as though I've got a tether around me, keeping me reigned in, chained to whoever wants the information.

And then, when I stop to think about it, I realize how lucky I am to have people in my life who care about these things, who would like to know that I got where I was going alive and well.

I'm not so irritated when I look at it that way.

Considering that I leave tonight for Seattle, it's actually great that I finally figured out how lucky I am (in other words, my mom won't have to be worried out of her skull about my adventures in Seattle).

So, yes, this means that it's a small task to have to check-in with people, a small nod of appreciation for the love that surrounds me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, sometimes it can be a bit troublesome to keep other updated but it's so nice to have people who care. :) Have fun in Seattle!


Ari (Baking and Books)

singlemuslimah said...

It can get irritating but just imagine life without so many people to care about you.

Sarah said...

I can't. I'd rather complain about sometimes than live without it!