Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sushi Rolls that Won't

If I actually broke down, step by step, what went wrong last night, I think I might cry.

Okay, don't worry, we haven't broken up! Nothing close! But I can tell you that I didn't get to ask everything I wanted to last night. And what I was afraid would happen DID happen, and I started spurting out little bits of irritation and anger that had nothing to do with why I was ACTUALLY upset.

He kept trying to find out what was wrong, and I kept telling him what was wrong in that instant, in why I was upset, as in:

"The sushi roll won't roll!"

and, "The teenagers at work today made me realize how much I don't want to stay in this town my whole life."

Of course, the teenagers comment is really, "I don't want to stay in this town my whole life, working with these teenagers, alone, while you go to Texas or wherever without me."

But in the end, the sushi rolled, even if my concerns didn't quite roll off my tongue.


And tonight, there will be no sushi to make me want to cry when I talk to him. No distractions, just conversation. That's the plan.

No comments: