Wednesday, November 15, 2006

On the Inside

Okay, so I am just about the happiest a Librarian could possibly be. I am INSIDE the Library of Congress Main Reading Room, typing my little blog posting. Incredible.

It was in this room three years ago (three years and one month) that I first got an inkling to become a Librarian.

I was here with Irene, and we were mistaken for librarians. I was on a high for WEEKS after that, and that little moment, from a misguided library patron, changed my whole life!

Now, I'm an actual Librarian (I don't know if it's supposed to be capitalized, so consider that a flourish), sitting in the Library of Congress, typing away on a computer. Of course, I'm still just a visitor, but now I can say, "Yes, I am a Librarian, how can I help you?" Should anyone ask, of course!

Oh, this glorious building, full of knowledge, books and the proper respect for both!

No comments: