Monday, November 06, 2006

Falling, falling, falling

Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to lie
Life taught me to die
So it's not hard to fall
When you float like a cannonball

Still a little bit of your song in my ear
Still a little bit of your words I long to hear
You step a little closer to me
So close that I can't see what's going on
~ Damien Rice ~

I am falling for Wine Guy so hard that I can't even figure out exactly what's happening. I have never let myself fall this far (not just this fast, but this far AT ALL EVER).

He hasn't called me his girlfriend yet, well, at least not directly. He mentioned that he has told his mom just a little bit about his girlfriends in the past, and he told her a little bit about me. But, I was falling asleep on his chest at that point in the conversation, so i'm not entirely clear on what he said.

He made me a mix cd - a cd with mostly acoustical songs on it. I don't know if he feels everything the songs say, but if he does, then...WHOA.

If High Fidelity is to be believed, then the mix cd is an important and carefully thought out part of the "courtship" plan.

But, in any case, here are some things that happened this weekend that seem major:

1) I made him dinner. I don't cook for just anybody, you know.
2) He brought over his laundry to do in my apartment
3) We danced in my living room to a lot of different songs, to the songs on the mix cd, to some of the stuff on my computer (i.e., Billy Joel), and I actually made eye contact throughout the entire dancing experience.
4) I fell asleep on him when we were watching Entourage in the living room

And FINALLY, THANK THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who helped me move! I am overwhelmed with gratitude! I love you all!

No comments: