Wednesday, November 08, 2006

DTR

Define the Relationship.

In the course of one evening, Wine Guy said that we are "dating" and in a "deeply committed relationship." I don't know what either of those mean, but in my quest to not ask questions I don't want the answers to, I didn't get clarification. I need clarification, though. So, I'm stewing and thinking and stewing and thinking. Wish him luck tonight, folks, because it's never a good thing when I think and stew over something for an entire day.

There's always a song for the moment and a song for the guy, and right now, this is the song for Wine Guy and me:

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

(from Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol)

For the first time, I don't want a lot of input from others on how to proceed. I might ask, "What do I do?!," but I don't necessarily want an answer. I do want to talk about Wine Guy and the advancing state of our relationship, but I need to handle this in my own way. Maybe I just think this one is more important than in the past, and I can't experiment with other people's advice.

So, please be patient with me. I'm in a coupling/nesting/foggy/honeymoon/building a relationship phase, and this boat only has room for two people.

Now, if I only knew exactly who those two people are for each other.

1 comment:

Mrs. said...

I heard this song on the radio for the first time today...loverly.