Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Accidental Dater

I read this article on serial dating on Match.com's Happen Magazine, and it got me wondering about my own dating style.

Granted, the woman who wrote the article made it a point to go on 50 dates with 50 different guys, but still, am I an accidental serial dater?

I claim to hate first dates that mean less and less as time goes on. I claim to want to find some special guy and settle down for a happy life together, but when that gets even remotely close, I tend to get over a guy with a quickness.

My mom reminds me that I have good instincts and that if I feel the need to not be with someone, then I should probably follow that need. She also reminds me that my second and third dates have gotten better over time, that I have made good choices when it comes to not moving past the first date with some guys.

But, let's face it. Since April, I have been on six first dates. That may not seem like a lot, but it's more than one a month, when you average it. Should I go on fewer first dates when I have a feeling things won't work?

What do you all think? Am I serial dater? Can I ever commit?

No comments: