Thursday, July 06, 2006

Why Do I Do This to Myself?

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

But over the last several weeks (in particular the last several days), I have questioned my decision to visit my grandmother (and spent $260 on a plane ticket).

I knew as soon as I got the e-mail from my aunt about how my cousins just happened to have a camping trip that just happened to come up suddenly the same weekend of my trip after I had booked my flight. What did I know? That this will be a weekend during which I do not even once get my way.

And I'm okay with that. Really. I can handle not getting my way for what amounts to under 48 hours. Really. I can. Honest.

I'm lucky, actually, that this trip comes right smack dab in the middle of one of my attempts to better myself as a person. Reeeaaaalllly not being able to get my way for two and a half days with my grandmother will be good for my soul. Yep. Sure it will.

In other news, I haven't packet yet. I wonder why.

No comments: