Wednesday, January 04, 2006

It seemed fitting to write one last post directly from London (plus, we need to use up the time we purchased at the Internet Cafe near our hotel).

Tonight, as we entered the tube for the last time (from High Street Kensington Station), on the speakers overhead, I heard Michael Buble singing "Home," and it just felt so right.

This has been a fabulous trip.

I've driven on the "other" side of the rode, visited the British Library (wait until you see one of the coolest souvenirs EVER)..okay, one of the coolest library-school nerd souvenirs ever), browsed through the National Gallery, walked from Buckingham Palace to Traflagar Square, heard licensed musicians playing or singing in the underground stations, bought random British music and hopefully wonderful British books (including something new by Marian Keyes...brain candy, but BRITISH brain candy), ate bangers and mash and fish and chips...oh so many things.

This was a FULL and marvelous vacation, and I can't wait to go home and get back to my life.

I truly realized today that my feet are much more firmly planted than they were the last time I visited England. Last time, I had just graduated from Cal, and I was floating, unsure of the life that lay ahead. Well, I still don't know exactly what the future may hold, but I've enjoyed the past, and I'm looking forward to what the next few weeks, months and years will bring me.

No comments: