Wednesday, October 12, 2005

DC was a blast! I felt smarter as soon as the plane landed, haha.

After day wandering the Library of Congress, the National Archives and visiting the Hope Diamond, I felt like I hadn't lost my brain afterall! It's good to feed the brain every once in a while.

Not to worry, though, on Sunday, I went SHOPPING. Actually, bought just a couple of things at the fabulous H&M (gotta love that store) and mostly ogled the fancy things in the furniture stores - seriously, I saw a $28,000 bed canopy! Who has that kind of money?

It was nice to get away (and nice to come home again to my lil fam), and I was so happy to see my friend again after nearly two and a half years! This just prooves that friendships that exist almost entirely on e-mail can last! We were friends in Boston and kept in touch after we both fled the city. It was actually really funny when we were sort of reminiscing about the bit of time we were there, and my friend's boyfriend said to her, "But I thought you hated Boston." Apparently it's not just me who finds the city much more appealing in retrospect!

So, here' s to DC, here's to time away from the familiar, and here's to my theme song of the moment:

I gotta shake you off
Cause the loving ain't the same
And you keep on playing games
Like you know I'm here to stay
I gotta shake you off
Just like the Calgon commercial
I really gotta get up outta here
And go somewhere
I gotta shake you off
Gotta make that move
Find somebody who
Appreciated all the love I give
Boy I gotta shake you off
Gotta do what's best for me
Baby and that means I gotta
Shake you off

No comments: