Wednesday, September 14, 2005

For the first time in my life, I TRULY know what it means to be ridiculously and completely busy. Yet, there is not one thing I would give up doing at the moment (unless it was working...but then, I can't afford to give that up, haha). I'm happy. My life is full. I don't quite know how that happened.

Now, just so we're clear, I have had those "panic attack" moments when I actually pause to think of each individual thing I must accomplish in the next day, week, month or semester, but those moments pass when I realize that everything WILL get done with baby steps each day.

This does remind me a bit of my senior year in high school, when the whole "honors group" walked around in a daze, overwhelmed with college applications, school assignments, extra curricular activities, sports, social activities, work, family, and any combination thereof. We were all completely swamped, but we all just went along believing that somehow it would all get done, and it did. After a few late nights, some temper tantrums and thrown pencils (hey, it wasn't just me! other people cried!).

I'm hoping to avoid the temper tantrums, but I do believe that this work can all get done. There's nothing I would give up.

But I do need to learn to say no. I think I'm full now.

Long ago, I asked someone, "How's life?"

To my irritated suprise, the reply came, "Full."

I get it now.

No comments: