Friday, August 26, 2005

Okay, so remember that eternal question:

Why can a girl only get a boyfriend when she already has a boyfriend?

Well, I've figured it out.

Don't worry, I'm sticking with the boyfriend I have, thank you very much, but I think I've figured out the answer to the puzzle.

Here we go:
First, the obvious: When you walk into a room with you boyfriend, boys suddenly realize that they want what they can't have, namely: GIRL WITH BOYFRIEND ALREADY

Second, sort of obvious: Girls with boyfriends do not come across as "needy" and/or "desperate" when talking to boys. The boys want what they can't have, namely: GIRL WHO DOESN'T SEEM INTERESTED

Third, the less obvious: Girls with (good) boyfriends actually carry themselves with more confidence and might even get better looking. I'm not kidding about this, since this whole thing started, my skin has gotten clearer, I walk taller, and my hair is wavier and fuller...my mom claims it's hormonal (she also said that kissing clears up acne...she could have a point). The boys want what they can't have, namely: A BEAUTIFUL GIRL WHO WALKS WITH CONFIDENCE.

Now, please, don't get me wrong. I don't believe that women need a man in order to have confidence. I do believe that when you have someone to love you (and to love in return) in that special, non-familial, non-friendship way, you just feel better about yourself and the world around you.

Boys want to date girls with boyfriends, because, for many reasons, girls with boyfriends are MORE ATTRACTIVE and LESS ATTAINABLE.

It still remains, though, that boys want what they cannot have.

So, there you have it, an eternal mystery solved by clear skin and kissing.

No comments: