Friday, July 22, 2005

This might be because I'm in the middle of watching Run Lola Run, and everyone in the movie is connected, but here I go anyway.

I am finding it fascinating lately how every action and every person I encounter has a connection to someone else I already know or someone I knew in my past.

I went to a staff/volunteer dinner last night for the non-profit where I volunteer, and I stood talking with the mother of a kid I went to school with years ago. Her son was a year ahead of me, but I know who he is. I never would have imagined when I was little that I'd end up volunteering at the same place as some other kid's mother. It's not some truly esoteric, philosphical connection, but it's one of those things that reminds me that you never really know who you might run into in the future. Does this mean it's important to treat people well the first time around? Probably! That karma stuff will come right around and bite you on the butt if you're not careful.

Life has been full of other meaningful (or meaningless, depending on your perspective) encounters over the last several weeks.

Heck, I even saw celebrities when I was in L.A. this past weekend, and I don't usually see them when I'm down there.

And then there was the thing with the two old jeeps, turning in front of me at two consecutive intersections...very I Heart Huckabees...

Okay, I'll admit it. If not movie inspired, these odd little connections might simply be a result of my exhaustion...then again, maybe not.

No comments: