Friday, July 01, 2005

Exit Strategies.

I'm reading a book, Letters to a Young Catholic , and it's raising a lot of interesting and important points.

One of these points is about exit strategies and "back-up plans." Of course, it talks a bit about pre-nuptual agreements and the absolute lack of faith that goes with those, but it also talks about the simple fact that we sometimes do not have enough faith in God.

Mary said, "Let it be done to me," not "Let it be done to me, but if I don't like it, I'm going to get a lawyer and sue you, God."

Mary is the ulitmate example of faith in God's plan. It's like we worry that we won't like God's plan for us (I know it's one of my fears - what if I get to where I'm going and hate it?), so we try to figure things out on our own.

It's a human dilema, but apparently faith does mean one basket full of eggs.

Leaps of faith are daunting and intimidating, but they are one of the few true expressions of faith.

Exit strategies will come along when they are necessary but should not necessarily be thought out ahead of time. That sounds odd, but if you need to get out, you'll know how. Otherwise, just believe that you won't need that exit plan and trust that God knows what He is doing.

(sounds like advice I need to follow, huh?)

No comments: