Thursday, June 30, 2005

Well, I did ask for brutal honesty. I just didn't expect to get it from total strangers. Thanks, "Mr. Driller," I'll consider your comments and think about how I might go about being a bit less of a fool.

Now, as for the self-involved comment. I think the mere fact that I keep a blog about my "tedious life," as you call it, makes that seem quite obvious, don't you think?

Thank you, Irene, for the point-counter point style response from the male perspective. I think that men and women are getting a bit tired of the demands we make on each other. Movies and tv have led us to believe we deserve (and will get) something totally different than what is available in the real world. I understand that, but perhaps I'm not quite ready to let go of my expectations of my smart-alec knight in shining armor just yet.

* * * * * *

Onto other things (and I promise to refrain from writing about my man problems for at least a month, deal?).

The world is clearly in a state of flux:
* Katie Holmes is engaged to Tom Cruise
* Michelle Williams (Jen from Dawson's Creek, NOT from Destiny's Child) is having Heath Ledger's Baby
* A big hill in Vacaville was on fire yesterday, and smoke flooded the area. Seriously, you could see the flames from three miles away.
* A fight broke out it our little neighborhood Safeway
* That same Safeway thinks it's okay to charge $16.99 a pound for goat cheese
* Complete strangers are commenting on my blog

Thank you, and good night.

1 comment:

Mrs. said...

I'd be interested to know why Mr. Driller was up at 2:32 am reading a stranger's blog and taking his untedious, non-self-involved time to respond...I bet he's quite the catch! And by the way, Mr. Driller, she is real and she is SPECTACULAR!