Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Today, I held a five day old baby boy in my arms.

I rocked him as I sat in a chair, and he fell asleep, his tiny head nestled on my arm. It was miraculous.

This litte baby saved his mama's life. His mama is a client at the place where I volunteer, and she is a 37 year old former drug addict who is now clean and sober and living in a clean and sober place. Her little angel saved her life and made my day.

I still feel so at peace after holding this sleeping baby. He opened his eyes a few times at looked right into mine. He has wise eyes. As soon as I saw him, I said, "Now this one's got an old soul. He's full of wisdom." His mom agrees that he looks like a little old man. She says, "Doesn't he look like he should be sitting there with a velvet jacket and a pipe?"

It was an amazing experience to hold that sleeping little baby in my arms, and I feel truly blessed to have experienced it. I can only hope that it's a message from God about my near future :).

No comments: