Tuesday, April 12, 2005

8 minute dating

It was better than trying to meet someone in a crowded bar (not that I go in those places, but it's the best example I have), because there was no loud music or time spent yelling into someone's ear, and no one was getting particularly drunk, always a good thing. The only guy I'm seriously considering looks like Ryan Seacrest (but with dark hair) and is a total player, but he's not like a lech or a skeezy guy. I can't believe I'm even considering this. I've said it outloud and said, "Yeah, but it might be fun to play with him," but when I see it in writing, I just know it's wrong. Can you imagine? Me? Intentionally going out with a player? Seems wrong, right? Or maybe just have some fun? Okay, so I already know what I'll decide, but it's fun to pretend I'm a character on Sex & The City for just a moment, instead of nice little Catholic girl who believes that it's best to "treat every date as a future mate" (corny enough for you?).

I do have to say, for the record, that it was actually very nice to be flirted with, for people to tell me I'm full of energy and have a great smile...to be the one across the room that a guy is watching. It was nice to feel beautiful for once!

So, there's the run down, now go laugh amongst yourselves.

No comments: