Saturday, July 10, 2004

Going up to the boondocks to see my dad's family for the first time in a year. I can't believe it's been that long.

I've been craving Grandma hugs, so I hope she's givin' 'em out today (look, I'm already starting to talk hick, and we haven't even left yet!).

I sometimes manage to forget that I had a childhood of playing in the mud and climbing trees, of walking down a dirt road gossiping with my cousins, of eating "pigs in a blanket" (not the ones you'd usually think since those are made of pork, and what we eat is ground beef stuffed in cabbage, known to normal folks as "stuffed cabbage," ah, family), Polish Ham, and coloring with those great etch-a-sketch markers - every grandmother should have those!

Pray for us - my mom hasn't seen my dad's family in nearly 2 whole years...I'm hoping for a minimum of fireworks!

No comments: