Tuesday, February 10, 2004

I have GOT to start writing this stuff down...again, I had a good entry posted and fell asleep before I could fully process the darn thing.

I am loving FAKE SUMMER. It's supposed to get up over 70 today...it's actually kind of cruel, because I know that next week or the week after or sometime way too soon, it'll be back to layers and hiding my face from the bitter, cold wind. Today, though, I'm planning my wardrobe for the rest of the week, and if stays warm, I might where....SANDALS on Friday! Gosh!!

Over the past several weeks...really in that post holiday rush of relief from stress, I've gotten more appreciative of my life. Don't get me wrong, I'm willing for things to change in a few months, but right now, I don't mind the working thing..well, that's a lie.

Here's the truth...I think I am not cut out for the 40 hours in an office week. I'm more of an "enjoy the moment" girl, and I want my moments dagnabit! I like my mornings in a sun drenched kitchen eating cereal, drinking anything out of a coffee mug (probably not coffee, but there's something comforting in holding the handle and cradling the solid mug in my hand), reading the paper (style or entertainment section, of course...along with the real news). I like afternoons with reheated lunches, a walk with the dogs.

If I were a writer and had my druthers about my schedule it would go something like this:

8:30-9 - Breakfast and paper
9:00 - 9:20 - Get dressed and "ready" for the day
9:30 - All set to work...check e-mail, get focused, select music...begin writing, take care of business things (bills, query letters, etc.)
11:30 - Get up to stretch, maybe check e-mail again
12:30 - 1 - Lunch and conversation
1:00 - 4:00 - Write
4:05 on - Make dinner, walk the dogs....focus on the rest of the evening with family, etc.

That would be a nice day. It makes me smile just thinking about it!

I promise, if I end up with a beautiful schedule like this at any time in my future, I will still make time to see my marvelous friends on the weekends (perhaps you'd even like to visit me in my perfect house, because if I have this schedule, then I'll obviously be living the dream, and you'll want to come over and feel all comfy...but don't worry, I won't become a hermit).

Ahhh...the musings of a girl who doesn't really like her job right now and has a nice little imagination.

No comments: