Monday, January 05, 2004

Okay. So, here's the deal.

I have two theories about my chances of getting married anytime soon:

1) I need to buckle down and start to change my personality. If my biological inclination is to chase after the "hot" guys, then I need to develop a personality that these guys will desire. The questions are: do I want to change my personality to get a man (a very uncertain plan)? do I even know what personality would attract these guys? My guess is confidence...something I tend to lack. I don't think that I have the time to dedicate to changing who I am...plus, for the most part, I like me! I don't want to change who I am at a fundamental level.

2) I need to buckle down and realize that I probably can find and fall in love with a really good hearted, reasonably attractive man based on my own personality. This plan will probably take much less time than the first plan, and, best of all, I don't have to sacrifice myself in the process.

The problem: If I want to marry someone "hot" but decide not to do that based solely on impatience, am I selling myself short? Or is my desire for "hotness" selling myself short?

Hmmm...

No comments: