Thursday, January 29, 2004

Okay...staying positive.

The superbowl is this weekend, and I found some great recipes for nachos. I will post them next week if they are actually good - I don't want to vouch for something and have it turn out to be sucky.

I, for one, love the superbowl. It's gawdy and full of celebrity trash and a usually less-than stellar half-time show. For weeks after this huge American sporting event, everyone will be talking about, yes, that's right, THE COMMERCIALS.

Not that I don't love watching big guys beat each other up, but the commercials are by far the best part of the game. I look forward to muting the game, reading while the Panthers and the Patriots (see, I know who's playing) duke it out for the ring, and turning the sound up just in time for the latest trashy Coke commercial (although, Coke commercials are usually cheesy and heartwarming). PJs! Nachos! Mass production of popculture! Oh my! Some of my favorite things!

Seriously, I'm looking forward to this (and ya'll better have your butts in the living room with me...you know who I mean!).

No comments: