Friday, December 12, 2003

I've figured it out. It came to me in a dream. What love is. Not the way you love your parents, or child, if you're a parent, or the way you love your best friend or your pets. Not even the way you love God. Romantic love. I've not yet experienced it, but I know what it is. It's that feeling you get when you see your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse's face in a room, and your whole chest aches. It's not the excitement of a first date or the nerves you get hoping he/she'll like what you got them for Christmas. It's that aching inside your chest that overcomes you when you see his/her face, and you think, "He's mine. He belongs to no one else in the room the way he belongs to me." (or your own version of this). That's what love is. I hope I get to feel that in my lifetime. I hope everyone does.

No comments: