Thursday, October 23, 2003

Not to belabor the point, but if I can't remember my own phone number (after having the same one for so many years), why would ANYONE trust me with anything?

I'm not down on myself...it's hysterical, really. The job I really want, I don't get because of some stupid error. Stupid errors are the bain of my existence. They are the B's that should have been A's on my transcript. They are the stupid, stupid, stupid comments that somehow get sent to too many people. They are me being arrogant and stubborn. Well, at least stubborn and somewhat repressive. Careless mistakes are what make it entirely possible that I will never succeed at anything in this world.

At least these kinds of careless errors don't prevent me from having a wonderful family and a fantastic group of friends who love and support me. I appreciate that they love me, despite my failings.

Hey...does anyone remember that "Ed" started b/c the lead character, aptly named Ed, made a careless grammatical error in a court docket. Maybe this mistake will lead to me returning to my hometown, reviving a failing bowling alley and starting an on-again-off-again relationship with my high school crush. Then again...maybe it'll just make me a star with a steady paycheck. I could live with that.

p.s. where's my smartass?

No comments: