Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Not Scary

It's Wednesday.

But it's also Thanksgiving week AND the day after my birthday.

So, no Real World Wednesday today.

Nope, this is as Sarah-centric as it's going to get.

I turned 28 yesterday, and it's not scary. I wasn't scared or worried or anxious leading up to the big 2-8. 25? Freaked the crap out of me. 18? Ooooh boy, not so good.

But 28? For some reason, I'm totally okay with it. Maybe it's that it's a beautiful even number. I have always found 28 oddly appealing (and yes, I am THAT girl who at the grocery store prefers that her packaged meat has an even price). My friends who have added that extra year to their age also seem to agree that 28 is a satisfying and solid number, not the least big scary.

Thus, no freak out post this year.

That's right, I didn't freak out, so no freak out post. I kind of like that.

I do know that this year, as an extension of the never ending quest to calm down, I am adding a new addendum and that is to not be quite so hard on myself. I expect perfection, and I rarely get it...then I take out my disappointment in my own shortcomings on other people. Then I get upset with myself about that.

So, at 28, I think I'm old enough to stop playing judge, disciplinarian and out and out pain the butt!

I'm letting myself off the hook.

I think I'm going to like 28.

Happy Birthday to me and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

No comments: