Thursday, August 23, 2007

Things That Were Said

Him: I secretly like your planning.

Me: Why?

Him: Because we get to do stuff that wouldn't ordinarily get done.

Me (sarcastically): That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me.

***
Me: I want to play World of Warcraft!

Him: Here, play the Paladin. You created her, and I haven't played her yet.

Me: I did?? Are you sure?

Him: Yes.

Me: Oh, that's right. I remember designing this character for you. She's got red hair and green eyes - your ideal woman.

Him: No, you're my ideal woman.

Me: Good job, sweetie.

***

Me: That's it. I'm not mad at you anymore.

Him: Really? Whoa. You are totally okay. That is awesome.

***

Me: What are you doing?

Him: I'm making dinner.

Me: I feel like I should get up and help with something.

Him: If you feel completely compelled to do that, then help, but otherwise, sit there and play.

Me: Huh? What? Sorry, I was just killing this arcane core dude.

***

I'm in the bathroom, he keeps talking at me through the door about pretty much nothing. I get out of the bathroom.

Him: So, was that good? Do you feel loved and talked to and appreciated?

Me: Is that why you were talking to me through the bathroom door? I thought you were lonely!

***

Me: I love you.

Him: I love you, too. I love you, too. I love you, too.

***

And just for grins (and the fact that I just know that when he's 80, we will be having this same conversation).

Him: Hey! You're home early.

Me: Yep, I didn't know until right before if it would happen, so no point in telling you.

Him: Yeah, but I was gonna put on pants!

No comments: