Thursday, August 03, 2006

It's Gonna Be Nice

Well, well you never promised me that my days will be problem free
but you did promise to always take care of me
Right now it seems that my troubles will never end
I know you promised to be my closest friend
And it's gonna be nice


Instead of spending the next two weeks (well, less than that now) waiting to hear about the outcome of last week's interview, I'm going to be spending it training people on how to do my current job....

That's RIGHT!

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm leaving my job with mixed emotions and sort of a vague ache in my chest. Two weeks to wrap up my job seems like a lot shorter time than two weeks of waiting.

I am so excited to be moving onto a "professional" position as a librarian, and, amazingly enough, as a librarian in the actual library branch I grew up using. But it will also be hard to leave behind the friends I've made here. Sure, we'll keep in touch, but it will be different once I'm "downstairs" in the branch.

The job I'm moving to is one that wasn't even available when I interviewed. I truly feel like I have so many hands lifting me up and making sure that I am able to shine in my new career. While I've studied, worked hard and done all I can, I really believe that this whole thing was out of my hands.

I'll always be a believer in divine intervention, but it's amazing how good it feels when I actually see God using it.

It's crazy right now Lord, but that's when you shine
I can't stop shouting knowing it's gon' be nice
It's crazy right now Lord, but that's when you shine
I can't stop shouting knowing it's gon' be nice
(It's gonna be nice)


* Song by Yolanda Adams *

No comments: