Tuesday, May 16, 2006

This could still be the slight fever talking, but here goes:

I don't want to be someone's back-up plan. Do you remember that episode of friends where they all sort out who will be the other's back-up person? Joey and Phoebe..Monica and Chandler...well, I don't mind being THAT kind of back-up plan, but I don't want to be someone's backup in the here and now.

Don't be a wimp. Don't be "indifferent" (my new favorite word thanks to Pride and Prejudice). If a man is interested in a woman, he should take her on a real date not a pseudo-date during which only HE decides if it's a date or not.

I'm not saying that every man needs to pull out all the stops on a first date...that's a little frightening, in fact. But it should be clear that this is a date and not a friends-thing. Sure, the guy feels like he's playing it safe, but the girl just winds up feeling confused and second-best.

Luckily, I know it's not only me who has to deal with this nonsense, but seriously, guys, pull yourselves together and ask the women you like on a proper date.

No comments: