Monday, November 14, 2005

In recent days, I've talked to a lot of people about sharing personal business via blog. As I've talked about it, I've had doubts about whether or not it's a good idea to write about such personal things as my relationship "issues," and, yeah, well, really this has been the place to vent about romance (or a lack thereof).

I've thought about it. Then I thought about it some more.

I decided that I want to keep blogging. I do keep some things private, and I enjoy pretending like I have a "column" to write and readers to please. It's fun for me...and this is all about me, isn't it?

So, relationship issues? Well, I have none at the moment. But that's probably because I don't have a relationship or anything even remotely resembling one, and you know what? That's perfect for me right now (and I'm not saying that in that creepy way that the Molly Shannon character on SNL says, "I'm single and LOVING IT!"). Having actually realized the amount of energy that goes into making a relationship work, I do not want one right at this very moment.

You know what else?

Aside from my "panic list," which includes a list of items that must be completed before December 8 but just don't seem to get done, I'm happier than I've been in a REALLY long time.

I have wonderful friends with whom I really enjoy spending time.
My parents and I have a strong relationship, and they're getting more used to me having a life (it's good for everyone).
I DON'T hate my job.
School will be done for the semester on December 8.

In addition to all of this, I've been pondering a realization that I came to after saying "No, thank you" to a couple of guys and then immediately feeling guilty about it (like that I was being too superficial)...that realization: I am young enough to be picky. Yes, I'm coming up on that quarter century mark (next week!), but I give myself permission to be young and choosy (at least for a little while longer).

No comments: