Thursday, December 23, 2004

Ahhhh...my little Tinka now has over 200 miles on her! That's what I get for driving!!

Oh well, she went over a hundred on a visit to Miss Irenie, and that is SOOO much better than just quietly moving over that milestone on the way to work.

Can I just say that I have never had a car with less than 50,000 miles on it? I'm not complaining, of course. Cami the Camry and Tori the Taurus were both lovely and wonderful cars, and I had them each for over four years. They did their job...Cami took what must have been a dozen AOII's up from a volunteer event below Shattuck aaaallllll the way back up to the house. Thank goodness for station wagons! Tori took me to and from L.A. and contributed to the multi-hour Berkeley commutes - Tori was also the family car before she passed on to me to make room for Moses, my dad's Altima (who has since been replaced by Miles, the Ford Explorer)

All that said, wow, what a feeling! I never thought that I'd be able to afford a brand spanking new car at this point in my life, but I was, and I'm so grateful to my parents for letting me remain at our humble abode and for getting me through Cal so that I'd have the brains to hold on to a decent job :). Also, they taught me AWESOME haggling skills. So, I thank you.

Now, who wants to go for a ride?

No comments: