Wednesday, April 07, 2004

So, there's this saying, "always a bridesmaid, never a bride." I'm not concerned so much with never being a bridesmaid as never getting invited to a wedding!

My old roommate and good friend (at least until graduation and the ensuing business of life) is getting married in June. I have the distinct impression that I will not be invited, and that sucks. Since this particular couple has been together for so many years (and were, in fact, together during my whole time of knowing them in college), I always thought I'd get to go to the wedding.

I'd very much like to celebrate the marriage of two people I actually know (as opposed to the weddings I got dragged to as a child) with my friends, especially when others in our little circle are actually IN the wedding. I know that weddings are expensive, but I promise to make it worth it (HINT: I'll bring a NICE gift!).

It's not as thought I would start calling this people and begging for an invitation - they have enough to deal with, without having some whiny person from their past on the phone, "Why don't you want me to come? Uh huh uh huh, I see." I wouldn't ever put anyone in that position. I'm just incredibly disappointed that I won't get to go, but I understand that decisions must be made, especially considering the expense of a wedding.

No comments: