Monday, July 17, 2006

Part Deux

And so, the list of 100 things about *me* continues...

26. This weekend, I was not bored. In fact, I went to go see Monet at Normandy at the Legion of Honor over the weekend.
27. I love Monet and the other Impressionists. I know that it is a cliché for girls to like the impressionists, and I don't care.
28. I will never be a painter. I can paint things like walls, endtables and chairs, but I cannot paint pictures of things.
29. Thus, when a boy asks me what I like to do in my spare time, I will not answer that I like to paint pictures of things.
30. But I do like to take pictures of things.
31. So, when I remember that one of my favorite things to do in the world is to take photographs, then I will reply that in my spare time, I enage in my hobby of photography.
32. But I often don't remember my own favorite things to do, because I am inexplicably caught off guard by this standard question. Perhaps it's because I hate that standard question so much that I subconsciously refuse to provide an honest answer.
33. Lately, I have realized how much of the dating game I actually can't stand.
34. I read an article that said that men like women who "walk with purpose."
35. I don't know what that means. And I don't want to know what that means.
36. I want a boyfriend (perhaps Scott Foley), but I don't want to date if it requires that I change my fundamental personality.
37. I tend to dump guys who suggest that I change any aspect of my personality, whether that be the fact that I tend to run a little late, that I have a very loud laugh or that I live at home. I will scream the next time a guy asks me when I am moving out.
38. I don't see a problem with dumping someone who suggests on the second date that I need to start doing bible study.
39. I am one of the few women I know who is the same person whether or not she has a boyfriend.
40. Unlike some of her friends and how they act around their husbands, my mom is the same around my dad as she is around the rest of the world, and I admire her for that.
41. I never want to be a Stepford Wife.
42. I imagine that my children will be slightly out of control but very lovely none-the-less.
43. I worry that I will end up with either a) a problem child who will simply refuse to obey even the simplests of suggestions from his/her mommy, or b) an incredibly OCD child who will be the pinnacle of perfectionism, the result of generations of over-achiever-dom honed down into one, incredibly tightly-wound child.
44. But first, I need to actually start dating.
45. Please note that I did not say, "First, I need to find a boyfriend."
46. I am considering online dating again, specifically Match.com.
47. Did I mention that I tend to make vows like, "I will never try online dating again," and then go ahead and do just what I said I wouldn't do?
48. Did I also mention that I work in an office comprised almost exclusively of women, live in the suburbs, where the men are either a) a married or b)white boys who pretend to be ghetto and work at the cell phone booths in the mall?
49. I have never dated one of these scary white boys, and I do not intend to start now.
50. I have also never dated a frat boy, a fact of which I am very proud.

No comments: